Friday, July 4, 2008

Tap Guitar

Tap Guitar: Ever heard of it??
Now I have been playing guitar for over 4 years now and it was only a few months ago that I heard another kid from my school play tap guitar at a musicians open mic club. To be honest: blew me off my feet. It is some of the most incomprehensible stuff I have ever heard. And it can best be described as another instrument alltogether. It is incredible and I encourage that anyone who enjoys listening to guitar, and instrumental music to listen to tap guitar.

Not very famous, well obviously. If many people haven't heard of it, then how can it be?? There aren't too many big names under the "tap guitar" genre. The first that I heard of that I am recommending was suggested to me.

Now if you are not familiar with this style of guitar, it is called tap because it deals with mostly slides, hammer/pull offs, and taping the body of the guitar to make a hollow tap sound.
-Whats so complicated about slides, hammer ons and pull offs?? Well try sliding with two hands simultaneously using more than one finger sliding at each time. Just watch you'll be amazed.

Justin King.

playing the fret board like no other. Enjoy it.

This one's called (ironically) Knock on Wood.

No comments: