Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tribute to the Dave Matthews Band


As you can already see, Music is my outlet. Like everyone else, it is important to have those things that you are passionate about, the things that allow you to escape to another world and make you feel as though you are filled with purpose. And as I'm sure, many people have found themselves in music. Whether listening to it, or creating it, it is a gift from God, surely.


My dad bought a used Martin guitar a while back, maybe 6 or 7 years ago - planning on learning the guitar. Unfortunately, he never had the time. However- I had just stopped playing the saxophone because of my god-awful teacher made me lose all taste for music, but I had an interest in the guitar. So I started taking lessons. Eventually I became a huge Led Zeppelin fan and started learning all of their songs, along with other mainstream Classic Rock like Jimi Hendrix. But anyways... Fast forward to today and I am still spoiled with the same Martin acoustic guitar and I have progressed to listening intently and obsessively to the Dave Matthews Band. I began learning their music around two years ago.



The first song I want to touch upon is Break Free.

Break Free by Dave Matthews Band is a rare occurrence and mostly only avid Dave listeners have heard of it, not because its not popular or because people who aren't obsessed with the band don't listen enough, just because he has only played it twice in concert before and its not found on any original CD. Sadly to say. I recommend it as a great song though!

You can Watch it on Youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgMNH62CpG4

No comments: